Monday, March 13, 2006

I feel foolish blogging today because I believe I have nothing to say. I mean, nothing has happened. Just rain, lots of fog, dismal weather, and, oh, I almost forgot, work.

Most people don't like to ski in the rain, but a few will ski no matter what.

Yes, there's still plenty of snow, especially up top.

But we're expected to have another inch of rain tonight before we plunge into the deep freeze tomorrow afternoon and night.

Our road has ruts on the hilly sections like you would not believe. So far Black Bear (what we've named the black Toyota Tundra) has made it through, but for how much longer I'm not sure, the way the road is going.

Tomorrow Ken has a job in Olmstedville, and I have no wheels, so I think I'll stay home and write. I do love writing when the house is quiet.

Can anything save this ski season? It's only March 13, by no means the end of the winter season here. Can't we have just one good old-fashioned snowstorm?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This weather is so strange, although I gather that this is what we can expect now that we've tipped the climate one ton of CO2 too far...
You have rain, we have snow - at least the north of the UK does
Europe is freezing while parts of the USA are 'enjoying' mild temps
I cling to a belief in Gaia, that the planet will take steps to protect itself but I fear that the only way that can be achieved is with a few billion less of our species, the gas-guzzling, plane-hopping, resource-consuming ones
Meanwhile Tashi and I take our 6am walk as usual...

1:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home