Saturday, September 16, 2006


The sun finally came out from the low-hanging clouds today to give my group from Long Island some beautiful fall foliage views from Crane Mountain. They were such a fun group (2 couples) that I hated saying goodbye when the trip was over.

Things are perking along with the business, and it continues to be very hard work with most of my time spent on marketing. My internal CEO is in my ear all the time saying that the financial manager has to have some time, but there are only so many hours in a week, and that sector of the business has had to be neglected. I'm enjoying the challenge of running a business so much, though, and I do work so hard at it that I figure that everything is going to work out eventually.

But if I had one wish (or maybe two), I'd wish for more time outdoors studying the natural world. My other wish is that I'd have more time to do some non-business writing--fiction writing, blogging, and journal writing, I mean. Okay, a third wish--that I can be fortunate enough for the business to be able to afford a dedicated business vehicle that I could use to ferry my clients around. That would be great, but the insurance (both auto and business liability) would be very expensive. Still, I can dream.

The sun is very low in the sky and is shining on the sugar maple outside my office window right now--red, orange, yellow, and green all lit up--so beautiful!

Today is Ken's birthday, so I'm taking him out tonight to celebrate even though we're going to the "big city" of Glens Falls for an official celebratory meal on Tuesday. I don't know where we'll end up tonight, but I hope the kitchen wherever we go is ready for me. I have a huge appetite after mountain climbing.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rowan said...

Hope Ken had a good birthday. The description of the sugar maple sounds beautiful,I can see it in my mind's eye and I wish I could see it for real. One day I must be in New England for the Fall and travel up into Vermont or New York. I was in Vermont a couple of years ago in late September and the colours were just beginning but I would love to see it in full flow.

3:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoy your blog. Your joy in the Adirondacks is contagious. Have the trees in your area reached their loveliest color? Pat

10:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Judith!
I was excited to learn of your new business. You would be the perfect guide! I've been thinking about you lately and wanted to check in. It sounds like you've got a great new life in teh Adirondacks!
~jan brogan

3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home