Sunday, January 01, 2006

My first day on the job, as a staff person in the Marketing Department at the mountain, went well, I think, though I have alot more information to get square in my head. I'm dealing with the public (lots of public!) and field all kinds of questions and help people with problems, including those that focus on my special area--tickets, ski passes, gift certificates, and anything that is connected with customers' access to the mountain. Everyone I worked with was helpful and friendly, so everything is off to a good start.

There is one problem I now face. I've been given a special vest to wear while on duty, but the Marketing Department is extremely warm. The vest is the kind that's suitable for outdoor wear in the spring and fall, and I'm supposed to wear it over a shirt. Granted, I can wear a short-sleeved shirt, but regardless, I can tell I'm going to be having a hot flash every other minute in this thing. I don't have any short-sleeved shirts all ready to go except t-shirts, and I think that looks too casual. So I've got to go on an archeological dig through my wardrobe to find the right shirt. Not tonight, though. I just want to make dinner, watch tv or read, and hit the sack early so I can get up at 5:15 tomorrow. Then I get my 5 days off. Not bad, eh? Actually, I'm hoping to get back to what's supposed to be my real job--writing.

New Year's Eve Ken and I shared a little bottle of Korbel Brut (the beverage served at our wedding nearly 20 years ago). We toasted each other again and again, all in the spirit of building happy lives here. Then we watched the next to last episode of the Sopranos Season 5. I'm so disappointed that they killed off Adrianna, but what an episode, incredibly crafted. Just one more show and we'll be waiting for Season 6 to start in March.

Maybe tomorrow morning early early I can blog about our hiking expedition on Saturday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home