Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Sunday, January 1st will be my first day working at the skiing mountain near us. I'll be working in the marketing department; i.e. answering the phone, selling tickets, doing whatever needs doing in the ticket area. From 8:00 am to 4:30 every Sunday and Monday until around April 18, that's where I'll be. The job doesn't pay much, but I do get free, unlimited skiing. I thrive on new experiences; they nourish the writing. In the spring, I'll look for another tourism-related job for the summer months. I'd love to work at Circle B Ranch, with all the horses, but that's a pipe dream because I'm not all that knowledgeable about horse care or riding. Maybe with my "marketing experience," they'd hire me to sell tickets and answer the phone. Then perhaps my perk would be free riding lessons and trailrides.

This morning it was four below zero again. Temps will rise to around 15 to 18 degrees later today. Sophie and I won't head out on the trails until a bit later this morning. The sun is out for a change, and the landscape looks frozen, crisp and fresh.

I hope to post another entry later today. We still have an unending load of boxes to deal with. And I am so fed up with them all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home