Thursday, April 06, 2006

When I studied the weather forecast for next week, I decided we might as well get the Glens Falls shopping over with while the weather is less than perfect. Warm, sunny days are forecast for the first half of next week, beginning Sunday. So here I am, blogging at Panera Bread in Queensbury (love Panera's free wifi!) right next to Ken's favorite store, Home Depot. He's there, and fortunately, I'm here, waiting for the last leg of our merchandise gathering, when we swarm down upon Price Chopper. The thought of that crammed parking lot and the store's jam-packed shopping aisles makes me shudder. I wish I could be zombified to help me through the whole thing.

Time to plant peas! I've got three 36" long plastic windowboxes that will hold this spring's pea crop. I've never grown peas before, and I can't wait to see what happens. I'm growing a 2-foot variety that does not need to be trellised. They'll grow right on the deck, away from the awakening woodchucks and other animals.

I bought a container of pansies this morning and paid too much--12 dollars. A note to myself: Start the seeds indoors next February and grow lots. One container barely satisfies my thirst for them; in the coldest, rainiest spring weather, they manage to thrive and look lush and colorful.

These days my thoughts are full of garden plans--Ken and I want to plant a sugar maple tree, a large container of Concord grape vines, four blueberry plants (in containers on the deck that does not have stairs because of the bears), and maybe some strawberries, in addition to our vegetables. Lots of hard work ahead!

My brainstorming activity is also channeled toward developing plans for my new business. I'm just starting to devote regular time each day to laying the groundwork and research.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home