Thursday, March 23, 2006

Last evening Ken and I celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary at Black Mountain. We were treated to a drink on the house, and had a delicious meal in the choicest spot adjoining the roaring hearth. We had fun reminiscing about some of our adventures and misadventures over the past two decades; then we focused on our thoughts for home improvements. The in-ground pool that sits out back is a big question mark. The previous owners haven't operated the pool in a number of years, mostly because they were spending their time at their house in Vermont, and although the pool itself looks as though it's in good condition, the landscaping around it looks terribly neglected. I'm not sure how difficult it will be for the pool people to get the thing running again. I don't think we should sink a lot of money into it this year, with the house in Canton still sitting unsold.

I'm off for a morning of skiing: Annie has pulled together a whole group of people to ski together. I'm definitely ready for it after all the practice I had on Tuesday. By the end of the day, I was managing the steepest pitches on the intermediate trails with aplomb. So far the weather is holding and has not been as warm as originally forecast for this week, and predictions of rain have been changed to snow showers. Yay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home