Sunday, January 08, 2006

Just got back from work. Sunday is an incredibly busy day on the mountain, and it seems that hundreds of people are still lining up for their season passes and discount cards. The queues make me nervous, mostly because the skiers looks so miserable waiting, languishing in line when they are itching to be skiing. I hate to keep them, but what else can I do? The computer will only go so fast, and no faster. And I am still a slow operator. I'm so wiped out at the end of the day. Tomorrow should be much slower; I hope that there will be enough traffic so that I can get some of these procedures locked tight in my brain.

Yesterday brought an unexpected surprise. Our neighbors at "Sanity Hill" stopped by in the afternoon to invite us over for a glass of wine. As the light faded yesterday, we had a lovely tour of their home, which has a knock-your-socks-off view of Eleventh Mountain. They have two beautiful rooms in which to sit and relax and soak in the vista.

I was so enheartened to find that Dotti has spent most of her life living in Westwood, the town next to Canton, our Massachusetts home base. I couldn't believe it. And Pete was originally from Foxboro. Dotti mentioned that people are forever kidding her about her Boston accent. Funny, I didn't even notice she had one--all because I've got one, too! Dotti and Pete plan to live up here full-time as soon as Pete retires at the end of 2006; for now they come up weekends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home