Tuesday, March 21, 2006

I'm amazed by the brilliant light that pours into our living room in the early mornings now. It's a wonderful place to sip coffee and wake up.

My days are extremely busy now, and I've found it impossible to blog without neglecting something essential. After a two-month wait, Ken's business cards and brochures are finally ready, and I've been occupied delivering them to everyone I know as well as to local businesses. At work, I'm zooming ahead on several writing projects, in addition to my regular tasks. I'm desperately trying to find blocks of time to do garden research and begin projects in that department. And, on top of all of this, I'm still trying to grab a few hours to enjoy what's left of the ski season.

Despite everything, I am skiing at Gore today. I need the fun, the exercise, and the space away from all my responsibilities. And, as previously noted, it does not hurt my darn knee.

I'm so glad that Ken is having a blast building the huge two-tier plant stand that will start many dozens of seedlings and later provide a top-notch indoor growing system. As soon as he's done with that, I hope he can quickly hammer together a compost bin so that I can begin hauling composted manure and leaves over here.

Mom and Uncle Connie are both improving, I'm happy to say, and thanks to everyone for their kind thoughts and best wishes.

My one regret now is that I have absolutely no time to read. In the evening, we're both so tired, we're barely able to read a paragraph before sleep consumes us.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that your Mom and Uncle are doing well. I also am happy for you that this move was a good one. Have always wanted to spend a whole year there. Your blog is allowing me to do it vicariously. Am anxious to hear your garden plans and how and where you can find out what works and what does not work. My very best wishes and thanks.

10:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You sound so happy in all your posts since your moved! Glad to hear that your mom and uncle are getting better. Makes you able to relax and enjoy your new life wihtout that anxiety tugging at you, tho I'm sure it still does somewhat. Happy spring!

7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home