Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Spoke to one of our friends in the North Country this morning. David said it got up to 63 degrees there yesterday and poured buckets. That's about what our temperature was, too. Every few days or so, I e-mail or otherwise contact one of our friends in the ADK to make sure the future is still there.

It's been sad at times pulling away from our associations here. Steve and I will meet for breakfast at Zaftig, a Jewish deli in Brookline on Friday. At least I'll see him before he heads out on his lecture cruise on the QEII. But my other friend is continuing to prove elusive. She has e-mailed me, in response to yet another phone messagte from me, that December 9 is the best day for us to get together for lunch. But it is unlike her not to speak to me by phone. How can I convince her that our friendship is worth continuing long distance? I seem to have hurt in her some way, and I'm sorry, but I'm not sure exactly how I did this, except by deciding to move away from Boston.

Kitty is very optimistic about the future of our friendship. She swears that nothing will keep her from visiting. I worry, though; her eyes are failing and before long I'm afraid she will be legally blind. Sid will want to visit, but I fear not as often as she will want to, or I will want her to. There are, however, flights from Boston to Albany, though I'm not sure Sid will allow her to travel alone, even if I will be right there to meet her.

Packing, packing, packing. I read the Glen Falls Post Star online to keep in touch. I subscribe to all the North Country Public Radio news editions. I go to the Gore Mountain website everyday to check in on the snow report. Time goes so slowly because of the tedium. Always another box to pack.

Just wish I had some Adirondack news to report. I don't, but in Canton I saw a huge coyote at the Bradley estate. Gosh, he was big. As big as Sophie, with a beautiful, fluffy tail. Handsome!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Look away for a couple of months and you miss everything! Good luck with the move and I look forward to your reporting on life in the Adirondacks, somewhere I've always wanted to go.

8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home