Wednesday, December 07, 2005

I'm blogging from the Johnsburg library, all because I left my laptop behind in Canton. Dealing with all the aspects of the carpet cleaning has been much more time-consuming than I expected, so I'm not going to get that day of leisure I was hoping for. So much to do! I cannot wait to be settled. I cannot. I want my mind filled with thoughts other than boxes, handymen, and living out of a suitcase.
Wouldn't it be great to have the time to gaze out the window, to take a walk and be able to stop to listen to the forest sounds? To sit on a couch, feet up, and snuggle into a book--I mean, some deep book cuddling! To cook a tasty meal other than the easiest and quickest menus?

I've got to get me some hedge or bush clippers or trimmers and a small axe, so I can bushwhack some trails out the back of our land. I took a hike out there yesterday and found it really tough going.

My office in the new house is going to be wonderful. As I've mentioned previously, the daylight can't be beat. Sunlight shines in starting at about nine and goes til the afternoon. I'm going to be able to put one desk in front of the window overlooking the birches and the barn. What will I write?? The future seems wide open, and I haven't a clue right now where my pen will take me.

The only sour note about life up here has been in the grocery department. I knew that my Newton Whole Foods Market and my Westwood Roche Bros. would be impossible to match. But the abyss is very wide indeed. Food gathering is going to be a disappointing pastime for a while, until I adjust or find other ways of getting the items I want.

When I woke up this morning, I felt like blogging. Right now I'm tired and just want some time to relax. I guess I've got to work that in somehow this afternoon.

Canton tomorrow--Thursday. Then Friday a long day of appointments followed by a going away party for us, with all the folks from my covenant group. I'm not as sad as I might be, because we're planning a retreat for everyone at our new place next summer. And I'm sure I'll see them on visits.

Saturday and Sunday finish packing. Monday the packers arrive. Tuesday the movers. And Tuesday afternoon we'll drive north with Sophie to our new home. What will Sophie think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home