Saturday, February 25, 2006

It snowed all day today. I haven't ventured out since eleven this morning, so I'm not sure how much has fallen, but we believe it's in the order of six or seven inches or so on top of what came down on Thursday. Great news for the mountain, where I'll be standing behind a desk tomorrow. The temperature's supposed to drop to zero tonight, so maybe I'll be glad I'm inside for once.

It was a peaceful snowfall. No high winds, no ferocious downdrafts, just the quiet of snow. I walked Sophie, who kept coming to me to remove the rock-hard snowballs from between her toes. We both were glad when it was time to head home.

I baked honey whole wheat bread and was so glad that this time we have a finished product. Aside from laundry and a number of household chores, I found the time to retreat to my office to write for a while. Since I haven't been writing much to speak of (other than the blog, of course), I just sat in front of the computer, spent five minutes conjuring up a story that intrigued me, and started writing. I'm always amazed by what happens when I do this. I got so absorbed in the tale that I nearly forgot to take the bread out of the oven. Neighbors dropped by to visit and I found I couldn't wait for them to leave so I could continue writing. Now I'm annoyed I have to work tomorrow. Anyway, such an exercise is a great way to break out of a nonwriting rut.

I don't want to go to sleep tonight because I want more time for communion with my mind, but five o'clock will come so early, I know I'll turn the light out when I should.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home