Friday, February 10, 2006

Last night and early this morning, I thought I'd spend the day at home, exploring our land and hiking northeastward toward Kibby Creek. But as daylight approached and revealed a cloudless sky, I began itching to ski. I went to the mountain yesterday and skiied with a group of friends. We got an early start, and by late morning, my skiing was exhibiting evidence that I was too tired to continue, largely because I had slept so poorly the night before. In any case, egged on by the group, I took another run and took some nasty spills. I didn't get hurt, but I made my way down the mountain very slowly, and said my goodbyes to everyone. Time for a nap, all right.

So although I thought I'd catch up on things at home today, I just can't do it. I'm so addicted, I've got to go take at least two runs. I'll give Sophie her hike, and then I'll be off. So my other goals and projects get put on hold because this alpine skiing thing is just too much fun.

Later today I hope to blog about Julie and Julia by Julie Powell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home