Monday, July 17, 2006

The brochures have arrived! They look beautiful; Terry's design and Carl Heilman II's and Stephanie Leonard's photos are so crystal clear, so well done, I'm really happy I made myself have the patience to do the job right. They came at 5 pm Friday--I distributed them to just a few places Saturday, and waited until today, Monday, to deliver most of them, when the owners and managers of hotels, tourist attractions, and stores were back at work.

Bringing them places turned out to be a fun time for me because people were receptive and intersted in Adironack Safaris, wanting to know more. Karma must've been just right because I didn't run into a single hostile individual. I came home tired but excited about the future of the business.

The weekend was a welcome break. I spent all day gardening on Friday and got a lot accomplished. My zucchini and summer squash plants are sprouting squashes, the pepper plants and tomatoes are going gangbusters--actually, there isn't any plant that's not doing well, except perhaps the Brandywine heirloom tomato plant, which I have had no success with at all. Over the spring, I planted five different pots of Brandwine, with the result that only one looked halfway decent, and it is none too happy. I don't think I'll try Brandywine again.

Saturday, as I've discussed on the Adirondack Safaris blog, was spent at the Adirondack Museum in Blue Mountain Lake, and Sunday Ken and I drove the car four miles to paradise.

Four miles from our home is a lake surrounded by mountains that people around here like for paddling and swimming. About a third of it has cabins along the shore, but the rest is wild New York State land. From the road it doesn't look like much, but from the water it is stunning. Sunday was mighty hot, but there were a few cooling breezes out in our boats. I spent my time in the pickerel weed along the shore hunting for dragonflies. Ken found some shade and vegged out for a while. I tell you, it was such a perfect day and so much fun that I vowed to return as soon as I could.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been reading about the birth of your new business with great interest, especially since I hope to launch an enterprise of my own in the next year or so...

I wish you good fortune and many happy clients and, most of all, fun

4:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home