Saturday, May 13, 2006


View of our house and land from "The Ledge."

The Licensed Guide Exam was over at 10am this morning. I think I probably passed it, although they did some tricky things with those multiple choice questions. I did a little food shopping, came home, went out with Sophie to do an hour of birdwatching (peak warbler migration), and then fell asleep for two hours--the longest nap I've taken in months and months.

Spring has been bursting--the maple leaves have tripled in size over the past two days. Now, with the beech and birch leaves out, the woods are filling up, and all the empty spaces of winter and early spring are disappearing. Dismal weather, though.

I'm eager to write a longer post, but have got to cook the dinner. Tomorrow we are going out with friends to the Black Mountain to celebrate Dogmother's Day, so no kitchen duties for me. Too bad Sophie and our friends' three Newfies can't join us at the table. If only we were in Italy, the pups could lay at our feet, though I don't see how a waiter could serve us, not over those gorgeous hunks of Newfie bodies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home