Saturday, January 14, 2006

Friday the 13th turned out to be a lucky day for us. By sheer good fortune, we managed to register and get New York plates for both vehicles, all with a minimum of fuss due to the savvy and kindness of the woman who helped us at the Department of Motor Vehicles. By being incredibly observant and willing to go beyond the call of duty, she recognized several quick steps we could take that would save us time, energy, and money. We were so happy, we nearly danced our way to Starbucks. We sat down with celebratory java before making our way to the Social Security Office in Queensbury to submit our applications for replacements for our long lost s.s. cards, a prerequisite to getting our New York driver's licenses. That, too, went without a hiccup.

We then drove to Price Chopper and my heart sunk when I saw the enormous parking lot jammed with cars. I told Ken I would buy produce, he could pick up the half-dozen other things on the list, and we'd be out of there. I still can't face doing a big shop there after our last visit. But, the good news is, the time I was in the store yesterday was not horrific. Perhaps that's progress. Our groceries were checked out by the indifferent cashier, and we were on our way to Casey's North in North Creek for a lunch-dinner kind of meal. Sensational burgers! We talked and relaxed and then coached home to greet Sophie and walk Sophie.

Today--Saturday--Rain, ugh! Spent the morning making bread for the first time with my new Kitchen Aid mixer, a honey whole wheat. I also put together a pot roast for the crock pot, and did lots of laundry. The rain is changing to sleet, and we're supposed to get four to seven inches of snow, which will be heavenly if it's true. Yes, I'll be jubilant. But I can't hit the slopes tomorrow or Monday--two days of work ahead of me. And given the holiday weekend, I'll be out straight both days. But Tuesday morning? I hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home