Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Am I too tired to post an entry? That's what I've been debating with myself these past five minutes. After walking Sophie a few miles this morning, I realized I had better go skiing today before the freezing rain and sleet mess up the conditions. And I'm so glad I went. For much of the day the sky was blue and the visiblity excellent. From Saddle Lodge, I was able to see clearly to the north and west, including stellar views of Mt. Marcy, the highest peak in New York, and nearly a dozen other mountains over 4,000 feet. The views all the way down took my breath away; that is, when I stopped by the side of the trail to look. A few times I found myself gawking while skiing, and realized I'm not that good, not yet. I still need to keep my eyes planted on my skis to make sure the tips don't cross when I'm turning.

I'm so mad the weather keeps betraying winter sports enthusiasts. Tomorrow morning it's supposed to rain. How dull. I might have to stay home and vacuum the house. Herbie the skiing weatherman keeps promising a return of polar air by the end of the month. I want more than that, though; just give me two feet of powder, and I promise I'll stop complaining.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you are o.k. I am really enjoying your writing - living your adventures with you w/out the stress. You've had a lot on your platter - so I hope you are just resting.

9:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why not put snows on the van? A set of Blizzaks will do wonders.

9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home